Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Synchronicity

Three years ago, I read a passage from Irresistible Revolution that included a verse from Ezekiel about softening a heart of stone. As I finished sharing with my church, I put a rock in the pile of our stones of rememberance. I was near tears.

On Wednesday, a Hungarian missionary prayed that I would receive the gifts of the Spirit in a hostel in London, picking me out of a crowd to talk to.

On Sunday, the Pastor announced this would be Pentecost Sunday, and if anyone wanted to speak in tongues, he should come up and be prayed over at the end of the service.

At the end, he read "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." --Ezekiel 36:26. I was in tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment